Nigeria football star, Asisat Oshoala wins 2017 CAF women's footballer of the year award (Details, pics)

Asisat Oshoala of Nigeria has been named the 2017 CAF Women's footballer of the year.

The Super Falcons star beat Gabrielle Onguene of Cameroon and Chrestina Kgatlana South Africa to the award.

On winning the award, Oshoala said: "Its been an emotional year for me personally, when I left Arsenal Ladies in the UK, many said my career would be gone but I told myself I can do it & here I am today.

This is the third time Oshoala who plays her club football in China is winning the award."To the young ones out there let no one down you, you can do it."

Oshoala was crowned the Chinese Women's Super League 'Best Striker of the season' for 2017. The award follows her club's win of the Chinese Women's Super Cup

She was named Africa's best in 2014 and 2015 but roared back to win the much coveted award in 2017.

No comments