Tension as 18yrs old maid suddenly disappears in Lagos (Details, pics)

Palpable confusion is brewing in the family of a retired Colonel, Tony Nyiam, following the disappearance of their 18-year-old maid, Ikechukwu Gloria, from their Victoria Island, Lagos abode, since January 2, 2017.As at yesterday, the family had not been contacted on phone to indicate whether she was abducted.

Gloria, as gathered, was hired as a maid last year and registered as a student at Kuramo Secondary School, Victoria Island. She was said to have left the house for Mrs Nyiam's salon in Ajah area of the state at about 5.30p.m. But apprehension set in when the Delta State-born maid did not return home.

While Speaking with newsmen, her guardian, Nyiam, said: “She was sent to Ajah and my wife had cause to send her back to the house. She came back to pick some stuff from the house and around 5:30p.m., she left the house to go back and meet my wife.

“But between here and where she climbed the overhead bridge in Ajah, we cannot find her. We have conducted search around and have even made a police report at Maroko Police Division, but nothing has been heard from her.

“She is like a family member. Incidentally, my mother-in-law, out of her own goodwill is living with Gloria’s mother. Her younger brother is here with us. He is training in French cabinet making and my wife is sponsoring him.

“One of her sisters lives with my niece in Victoria Island. She is happy living with us and there is nothing my wife does not do for her. We are surprised at what happened and we hope that she is not being held against her will.”

One of Nyiam’s nieces, Naomi, who also lives with him explained that “Gloria left the house late and came back to say that mummy asked her to bring some hair products to the salon. When she was about to go back, she told me she had forgotten the junction mummy asked her to alight.

“I told her to call her and ask again. I heard her talking on the phone before she left. Later, she came back again and said she didn’t have transport fare, that she had only N50.

“I gave her N100 and told her if N150 was not enough, she should come back. But when my aunty came back around 10p.m., she said she did not see Gloria.

“I am not aware if she has any boyfriend or a female friend. Her disappearance has plunged us into worry.”

No comments