May our kindness not put us in trouble - Nigerian Good Samaritan narrates how she was almost charged with murder (Details, pics)

They say a good Samaritan always gets his reward when he helps a dire soul in need. This, however, was not the case of a Nigerian lady identified as Roxyberg.

She took to her Twitter page to narrate her how she escaped from a murder charge after she stopped to help a man who was laying down in the middle of the road. According to her, after alerting the police near by, they discovered it was a hit and run and therefore regarded her as a suspect in the now murder case.

She narrated the story: "That's how I could have been accused as a murderer this night. God thank you for your saving grace. Was on my way to the island from surulere at about 9:30 this night, with my friend. The plan was to go for cross-over night at church.

Precisely on marina bridge at about 9:40pm. We both sighted a body in the middle of the road and was to late to pull over. I drove forward a bit and decided to pull over. All I thought about was how that guy could still be alive , probably conscious . And he needs help. Could be run over by oncoming motorist who probably would not notice him on time. When I pulled over, luckily I saw two cars parked, and 2 elderly men Pointing towards the direction of the body in the middle of the road and said , there is a man lieing unconscious over there. Pls check he could still be alive. So the 2 police men ran towards the body while the 2 elderly men, myself and my friend remained. Thank God they able to move the body able from the middle of the road to the side, with the help of other motorcyclists who stopped to help.

At this time I was restless, hope he was okay or at least conscious, a bit of life in him. @Gidi_Traffic follow my thread pls. @instablog9ja. My friend was getting uncomfortable nd askd we leave and drive off immediately, nd I screamed @ her and said no joy no, he might nid our elp. He might still be alive. I wouldn't let him die just like that.

Now the two motorcyclists where approaching us and I stopped them and asked if the man was doing ok, and they said he was dead. It was a hit and run, that the police men still at the scene were saying we might be the culprits. There and then the two elderly men said to me, madam enter ur car and drive off immediately.

Orire eyan se no ni pa eniyan. And he said God bless you. At this time the police men were racing back towards us. That is the story of how I could have been accused of murder. May our kindness not put us in trouble. Happy New Year guys. Be safe."

No comments